Today in the world, skin care has become a primary concern to millions of people. We turn to apply different methods of taking care of our skin from chemical products in the medical shops down to natural remedies. So, today I have chosen ACV (apple cider vinegar). We are going to look at how to use apple cider vinegar on the skin precisely to remove dark spots.
The moment your skin get in touch to sunlight, it is obvious there will be an increase in the production of those cells call melanocyte which afterward raises melanin in the skin and making the skin to turn darker.
These dark patches on the skin are what we call dark spots, age spots, brown spots, sun spots as well as hyperpigmentation.
These different types of spots generally occur on the exposed skin areas like the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders, hands and legs.
Far from sunlight exposure, other factors such as aging, stress, genetics, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, weak liver functioning, acne, vitamin deficiencies, etc. can also cause dark spots on the skin.
These dark spots are harmless to skin or health but it is considered a big problem in the beauty aspect which makes us unattractive. There are many treatments over the counter today, cosmetic creams are also available in the market but the usage of natural remedies at home has proven to produce about the results in times and will help you a lot in clearing the problem without any side effects.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV), our old and very famous friend is a remedy that was first suggested by Hippocrates (the father of medicine) for treating many health and beauty illnesses around the globe including dark spots.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For Dark Spots?
Whenever you hear someone talk about using apple cider vinegar to treat dark spots, doubts begin to go through your if it is really going to work for dark spots.
But I tell you what, in this little piece of content, I am providing you with some of its properties to get rid of dark spots.
- It acts as a drying agent and helps to dry out and fade away those dark or brown spots on your skin faster.
- It cleanses the skin and removes impurities and other toxins causing damage to the skin. It also lightens up the skin’s uneven skin tone.
- It also balances the skin’s pH level in order to clear the dark or brown spots on the skin and also makes your skin feel fresh and young.
- It has got excellent skin lightening or brightening properties which helps to lighten up the scars or dark spots on the skin.
- It has astringent properties which help restore the skin’s natural color by fading away those dark spots.
- It also accelerates the process of shedding of skin and also helps for its re-growth to fade away those dark spots.
- It also has powerful alpha hydroxy acids which remove the dead skin cells and reveals a healthier complexion by fading away from the sun or aging spots.
- It contains essential compounds like amino acids, acetic acid, mineral salts and a wide range of vitamins which helps to reduce the dark spots and other hyperpigmentation problems you may have on the skin.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar To On Dark Spots.
ACV is simply such a miraculous ingredient that helps to reduce the appearance of dark patches on the skin that is caused due to hyperpigmentation.
Below are some best ways to fade these dark spots on the skin using ACV.
1. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PLUS WATER :
When you mix apple cider vinegar with water well enough, it will exhibit certain properties that help to fade away the dark spots.
HOW TO USE IT :
- Get an equal quantity of apple cider vinegar and water and pour in a bowl.
- Mix together very well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas of your skin.
- Make sure you massage it gently for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, rinse with water.
- And then dry up the area
- Repeat this process daily until you get rid of those ugly dark spots on your skin.
- You may as well add raw honey to the diluted apple cider vinegar before applying it.
- You can also apply the above mixture to the affected areas and wait for 3 – 6 minutes you rinse with lukewarm water.
- As well as apply direct apple cider vinegar on dark spots but be sure that it may sting (recommended for dry and sensitive skin types).
- As an alternative, you can mix 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 2 – 3 tablespoons of orange juice.
- Then apply on brown/dark spots using with the help of cotton ball and then rinse off after it is completely dry.
- Repeat this process once or twice a day for 4 – 5 weeks.
2. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PLUS HORSERADISH:
Horseradish herb helps to slow down the production of melanin in order to prevent hyperpigmentation and it also has excellent skin lightening properties that remove brown/dark spots, freckles and other spots on the skin effectively.
This method is said to help exfoliate the affected skin area and lighten up the dark spots as well.
HOW TO USE IT :
- Get 4 – 5 inches long of horseradish and grate.
- Get 1/2 cup of organic apple cider vinegar.
- Pour them all in a bowl.
- Mix them all together very well.
- Keep the mixture aside for about 2 weeks by shaking it once a day.
- 2 weeks later, pour the mixture in a container that has a lid.
- You can now apply a small amount of this mixture to the dark/brown spots.
- Then leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse with water.
- Make sure you store the remaining mixture in a refrigerator and use it thrice daily for up to a month in order to get relief from the dark spots.
- This combination may not be suitable for all skin types, so, if you notice any irritation or discomfort in the process, then discontinue the process immediately and seek medical attention.
NB: You can as well squeeze some fresh lemon juice and use in this method and apply it to get relief from dark spots.
3. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PLUS ONION JUICE:
Onion also can help to stop the excess production of collagen to prevent scarring on the skin.
Cider vinegar and onion juice altogether have acidic nature and anti-inflammatory property that can help to fade away brown/dark spots without any irritation.
HOW TO USE IT :
- Get 1 tablespoon of onion juice and cider vinegar each.
- Pour in a bowl and stir well.
- Apply the mixture directly on the affected areas of the skin using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes or more until it is completely dried out.
- Then rinse with water.
- Repeat this process daily for about 4 – 6 weeks in order to lighten up the spots.
NB: You can as well add a little honey in the mixture before applying to fade the spots on the skin. Honey also plays a very great role when it comes to taking care of the skin.
4. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PLUS LEMON JUICE:
Lemon juice has got a citric acid and skin lightening properties that can help to brighten up dark spots on the skin.
HOW TO USE IT :
- Get 1/4 teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar.
- Get fresh lemon juice.
- Pour them all in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Apply on the affected areas at nighttime using a cotton ball for a few minutes.
- Begin the application process starting at the forehead and then apply all over the face and neck.
- Reaction maybe some stinging sensation and redness at first time so you must dilute the mixture with water before applying. (For people with dry or sensitive skin).
- Let it stay all through the night and rinse in the morning with water.
- Make you wear sunscreen daily after this application, as it has the ability to make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure.
- Repeat the process every night before going to bed to get rid of the dark/brown spots.
Some Tips and Precautions
1. To better get rid of the dark spots on the skin, always use raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the mother content in it.
2. Consuming apple cider vinegar will help to clear these spots or scars.
3. Get 2 teaspoons of ACV together with some raw honey and add in 1/2 glass of warm water and stir very well to produce a fine solution.
4. Then drink this solution twice daily (morning and nighttimes). Keep drinking until you notice the brown spots fading away.
5. Damaged skin or dry skin both are some causes of dark skin. So, always moisturize your skin very well to keep it hydrated and try to repair the damaged skin.
6. On a regular base, use apple cider vinegar as a natural skin toner (you can dilute 2 parts of water to 1 part of ACV) and it all over the affected areas of the skin.
7. In addition to that, you can add some few drops of any essential oil (preferably COCONUT OIL) to soften the strong ACV aroma or smell and apply it to the skin to prevent brown or dark spots.
8. Consume plenty of water,
- Make sure you have a healthy and balanced diet,
- Also, remove any make-up before you go to sleep,
- Apply sunscreens regularly
- Consume antioxidant-rich foods,
- Do yoga and meditation as well,
- A little skin care hygiene will equally help you get healthy skin tone without any spots or scars left behind on your skin.
Well that was all I was able to gather for you guys today and if the above-mentioned issue is a concern to you, then just follow the steps above and the problem will all be history.
I hope I was able to help and if you have any contribution to make, questions to ask or have used these tips and have had tremendous results, please do feel free to share with us at the comment section below so that others can learn from your experience and I too will be glad to get back to you as well.
THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY.